I recently went back to this recipe. I used to make this one all the time, and I don’t know why I ever stopped. This recipe is from The Joy of Cooking and it makes perfect kind of chewy kind of crumbly peanut butter cookies.
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whisk together the first two ingredients, set aside
- Beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar
- Beat in egg, peanut butter and vanilla
- Stir in the first mixture until well blended, shape into 1 inch balls about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet, and press flat with a fork
- Bake, at 375 F, for 10-12 minutes
Peanut butter cookie dough can often be sticky when you’re first blending it. Don’t forget that you can always add a touch more flour if need be. Your dough should be a light beige (much lighter than peanut butter brown) before baking – if you’ve achieved this you know you have the right proportions!
I made these for Valentine’s Day – bought the tins at Dollarama. They made the perfect treat!