Happy New Year!
After a long holiday season of baking, I decided it was time to try a no-bake dessert, even though I usually reserve them for the summer months. After searching on Pinterest, I found this recipe for Nutella Cheesecake which fit what I was looking for!
While this dessert is possibly not the healthiest I could have picked, what is dessert for if not for spoiling yourself.
Oreo Cookie crumbs – either from the box (about 1 cup) or from whole cookies (about 12 cookies)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
whipped topping & Oreo cookie crumbs
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, or in my case a Kitchenaid, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
3. Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
4. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping and Oreo crumbs
- Why use real Nutella when the store brand is so much cheaper? For this recipe, no one will know the difference!
- Don’t forget to put your Cool Whip in the fridge for a few hours before starting this recipe – if it’s cold, it will slow you down!
- I’d love to try this recipe with more layers in a larger dish for a potluck – I think it could look really attractive!
- Get creative with toppings! I for one would love to try this with fresh raspberries!
This recipe is so quick and easy, I’m looking forward to more no-bake desserts!