Halloween is my favorite time of year!
SINCE Halloween is awkwardly placed on a Wednesday this year, we celebrated with an afternoon party at work last Friday.
I of course made cupcakes!
This is another Martha Stewart gem, PUMPKIN CUPCAKES!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- The cupcake stand is a Wilton one, which I got at Winners for only $7!
- The pumpkin candy toppers are from Dollarama! (Woo, savings!)
- I cheaped out and bought pre-made icing. It’s the last time I’ll make that mistake – it’s definitely worth the time to make your own!
Along with the cupcakes, we had many other SPOOKY TREATS including:
Nacho Dip Graveyard! Just cut tortillas into spooky shapes and bake them!
Newts Eyes! Deviled eggs with food colouring, olives and hot sauce!
Brain Fruit Platter! Peel and carve a watermelon!
Blood punch! Cranberry and soda with a frozen ice hand!
And of course, decor!
Since today is actually HALLOWEEN – we all dressed up!