On my search to try something NEW for my roommate’s birthday, I searched Pinterest for cupcakes and discovered these!
While all the blogs I searched made both the cupcakes and the dough from scratch, I decided to cheat due to time constraints and use pre-made.
- One box French Vanilla cake mix
- One tube chocolate chip cookie dough
- One container milk chocolate frosting
1. Cut your tube of cookie dough in half. Make 24 balls of cookie dough with half of the dough – and freeze for 20+ minutes. Make 24 balls with the other half, and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes, until tiny cookie toppers are complete
2. Mix cake mix as per the box directions. Before putting the cupcakes in the oven, drop a frozen cookie dough ball in the centre of each. Cook for the allotted time.
3. Decorate with a swirl of chocolate icing and top with a tiny cookie. Enjoy!
So this version was SO easy! While it was delicious, I definitely will try it again from scratch.
Another GREAT thing I tried was filling the cupcake cups with a zip lock bag instead of a spoon. I filled the zip lock bag with the batter, and chopped a small hole in the corner of the bag. This would have been easier with a thicker batter, but it was still pretty easy! I got this tip from the “Hello Cupcake!” App I was recently given! It’s full of cute easy tips and adorable decorations.
Photos courtesy of Dishan W.